Friday, August 9, 2013

The more things change the more things stay the same.

The more things change the more they stay the same. Ever heard that phrase? I've always associated it with something negative such as "two steps forward, two steps back." 

I've been thinking of this phrase in different terms lately. What if it meant there being an unchanging thing in the midst of constant change?

When change and chaos swirl around you and you don't have a center to come back to, it can leave you a hot mess. This past week has been one of change and chaos swirling around me and around those we work with.

Part of the reason we moved into an inner city neighborhood was because we wanted to be a place of refuge and source of consistency to kids who may not have that in their own life. This week when a family found themselves homeless, many members of the body of Christ worked together to help meet needs and provide that example of peace and consistency in the midst of change.

On Thursday nights when we (The Sunshine Girls) go into the strip clubs to minister to girls, we are being that example of consistency. Lately we have entered into a season of change with the girls, their location, the level of communication, etc. 

I am feeling very strongly that The Lord is calling us as the church (collective) to press in to Him, work together and display that in an ever changing world... One thing remains the same... The love of Jesus. 


I am thankful that I can depend on Jesus as my Rock and center of all... A place I can return and retreat. I know I could not do it without Him.

What about you? Do you feel like life is spinning around you and you are grabbing for something... Anything to hold you up? Hold on to Jesus. He is THE SAME... Yesterday, today and forever.

Blessings, Morgan


No comments:

Post a Comment