Thursday, August 29, 2013

Never Say Never

"God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!" Ephesians 3:20 The Message (The Key Verse for The Dream Campaign)

I never thought I'd be typing this update. It has been a little over a year since we started The Dream Campaign. It has been one of the most exciting, stressful, amazing adventures I've ever been on. At times we felt like we hit a dead end. There were lots of closed doors and open windows. Today was one of those days we have prayed for since the beginning.

In the beginning, we were going to try to keep our organization school friendly, meaning we weren't really going to propose it as a Christian organization so that we could get into schools and places where maybe they wouldn't let us in otherwise. One of our dear friends and mentors, Pastor Kenny Grant...yes, I'm calling him out....challenged us on that. He really kind of bluntly said that God can do anything and we should be bold. This seemed to be the theme of many conversations and after praying about it, we decided to take his advice and be bold - that this was God's ministry and HE could get us access to the places HE wanted us to serve. Nothing is impossible WITH God.

Fast forward....last week our local missions pastor and I met with a principal of a local inner city high school. I told him about our program and he was very interested. He said that we needed to go through the school board and get the appropriate clearance, but that he wanted it in his school. I took Glenn to meet him earlier this week and he shared his testimony with him. After hearing it, the principal said, "Will you pass a background check?" We said...we thought so..(never really sure with Glenn's past..it is sometimes the consequence of past actions) but we wanted to be upfront and honest with him so that in case anything was flagged, he didn't think we were trying to be sneaky. He said he appreciated our honesty and would say a prayer that it all worked out. I left him with a 6 page proposal for the school including our bible verse and God was all through out it. We went to the school board and filled out the appropriate paper work and got finger printed. We waited...and today....we got the call we have been waiting on. Nothing is impossible WITH God.

The principal left a voice mail that said, "I just wanted to call and let you know that you AND your husband have both been approved to volunteer at our high school. We are so excited that you chose us and we are looking forward to working with you. Please call me as soon as possible." I could sense his smile through the phone. Nothing is impossible WITH God.

I immediately had tears of JOY. I called Glenn and shared the exciting news and when I got home I walked straight to him and hugged and sobbed because these are the moments when God is made famous. ONLY God could get us in. ONLY God could redeem the past and use it for good. ONLY God could jump the hurdles that we thought would be too high. ONLY God could use two broken vessels like us for His plan and purpose. Humbled does not even begin to describe our feelings. Grateful. Thankful.  Nothing is impossible WITH God.

On the hard day, I have prayed for moments like this. And I think it is just the beginning. The local housing authority has ASKED us to submit a proposal to do a Dream Campaign program in the local housing projects...starting with one of the most troubled. When we did not get into the apartment complex months ago..I was so confused as to why God was shutting those doors. Nothing is impossible WITH God.

I never imagined a year ago that we would be living in an inner city neighborhood in Savannah. A place I always drove around prior to living here. I never imagined we would be working with homeless families. I never imagined the joy that the kids would bring to my heart. I never imagined what my heart could feel when Glenn and I shared silent glances as we were serving along side of each other. I never imagined a church that would be so supportive. I never imagined experiencing the body of Christ in such a sweet way as people joined together to meet needs. Nothing is impossible WITH God.

I know a year from now, I'll be typing a similar blog about the incredible things GOD is doing. I don't know exactly what is ahead but I'm excited. God is calling together an army of people to bring light into darkness. To bring hope to the hopeless. To bring love to the hurting. To bring truth to the lost. To bring encouragement to the worn down. Nothing is impossible WITH God.

THANK YOU for your encouragement, prayer and support. We will need more of it as the days approaching will greatly increase the number of kids we are working with. 

If you would like to learn more about mentoring and our program, please email me: morgan@helpmedream.org

If you would like to support us financially, please use this link to give: DONATE

And more than anything....please continue to pray. We so appreciate you standing the gap!

Thank you, Pastor Kenny, for loving us enough to speak truth to us that day.

WITH God.


Blessings, 
Morgan

2 comments:

  1. Praise Him! I love how God is working through you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting!! Thank you for this message of inspirational faith.

    ReplyDelete