Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Come Together! :)

Towel and Sock collection at Passion 2012

So it has been an exciting week of deliveries here at Rescue Atlanta. I love when someone calls back to my office and says, "Morgan, you have a delivery!" I want to say "thank you" to everyone who has sent care packages of towels, socks, clothing, gift cards, etc. Each and everyone of them both personally and for the ministry has been a blessing! This week I wanted to give a shout out of thanks to two groups:

First, if you have not heard of the Passion Conference, let me fill you in on a phenomenal ministry.
Passion 2012 happened in Atlanta in January. It was a gathering of over 40,000 college students and young adults who came together for one purpose: Jesus. All for His Renown. These students raised over $3 million dollars towards efforts in ending Human Trafficking. The goal was $1 million. They also collected 36,000 towels and 156,000 pairs of socks for the homeless in Atlanta.  I received a phone call last week that Rescue Atlanta was going to be blessed by this. Y'all know the plea I've put out for towels recently. Well last week we received 1,000 towels and close to 1,500 pairs of socks.

I am humbled and challenged to know that these towels and socks are from people who love the Lord and love others. Passion donors: These towels and socks are such a basic necessity, but HUGE blessing to the people who receive them! Thank you for caring for the homeless of Atlanta.

Please watch an incredibly inspiring video that CNN did about the efforts made by these students:
Passion 2012 Video

The second group I would love to thank is
Girl Scout Troop # 6503 from Emmaus, Pennsylvania.


My Aunt Lesa called me a few weeks ago and said that my cousins troop had to vote on a project of a place to help. The group decided they wanted to "Help the people in Georgia." They did a collection and sent the following items to us this week!



Thank you sweet girls for sending us so much awesome stuff. You will make everyone in our ministry smile, from children to adults!

Isn't it so encouraging to see generations of young people and children giving back and making a difference?

I truly believe that the generations of young people and children to come are going to rock our world in amazing ways by doing something. They are generations that want to play a part and be active in changing the world around them. I am so thankful to be in a position to witness these types of blessings all the time.

Please don't think that just because we got a large donation of towels and socks, your one towel or one pair of socks aren't needed!! EVERY towels goes to an individual that needs it. We help 100's of people every week. Do the math :) There will always be a need.

Let's continue to Come Together as a people who care more for others than ourselves!

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter: @RescueAtlanta and @MoPaddock.
You can also friend Rescue Atlanta on Facebook for up to date information!


For His Renown,
Morgan

2 comments:

  1. I am so, so happy that you guys are benefiting from such generous donations! I had no doubt that you would, of course, but I love that it came from such different and unexpected places. I love kids. :) Often they are more generous than adults...

    ReplyDelete