Friday, June 29, 2012

Scrambled Thoughts

Sorry if these seems scattered. I think my mind feels numb.
I  apologize for not typing more blogs lately, but things have changed so much everyday that I was waiting until I actually had something of substance to report. I wish I still had something of substance to report.

Glenn and I are in Louisiana. We have gone on a tour of the southeast this past week. We went to Alabama to see friends, then on to one of my best friends weddings in Florida, visited family in Mississippi, and we're wrapping up with some time with friends and family in Louisiana. I'll do another post with pictures and stories. I'm definitely feeling like I need a vacation after vacation.

This has been an odd trip home for me. I haven't been (home) to Louisiana in 1.5 years. This is the longest stretch between visits. In fact, the last time I was at many of these places, I was at a very different point in my life. Going back to some places brought with it much joy in seeing people I love, but also dredged up some painful memories. Some relationships picked up right where they left off, and others were very strained. I think I've laughed and cried equally on this trip. And I'm having to face the harsh reality that at some point...Things change. People change. I change.

I am however thankful to experience these places through a new set of eyes through my husband. Glenn had not been to any of these places with me prior to this trip and we started the process of creating new memories. It was definitely fun to experience some of my favorite things and places with him as "firsts." And never did he question me or harp on me in one of my emotional moments or awkward situations. He was just...there. His presence was calming. I know I say it a lot, but I can't tell you how thankful I am to have this man in my life. He is a constant source of comfort and encouragement for me.

So as we leave here tomorrow we are setting out on the next leg of our adventure. While in Louisiana we received a call that we needed to be moved out of our current house by the end of Tuesday of next week. That pretty much gives us Sunday afternoon, Monday, and Tuesday to get the new house ready, the old house packed up, moved, and cleaned. And we already have meetings scheduled in Savannah next week starting on Wednesday as we start a new adventure together as full time urban missionaries, start a non profit, and go back into the world of raising support and become fully immersed in the inner city neighborhood we are moving into.  I've been struggling with trying to accept the fact that not everyone will understand or even support this decision and as a person who was a "people-pleaser" most of my life, this is a tough pill to swallow.  My life path has been anything but "ordinary" and as a result sometimes lonely, but I know that this is the path God has called us on. He has made that very evident as the necessary doors have open and closed to guide us here.

If it sounds like I'm complaining, I'm not. It's just a place of processing a lot about myself and the reality of our situation. I'm actually excited about everything that is ahead for us. But I feel like I'm entering a new chapter in my life in so many ways and it sometimes feels very overwhelming when it seems like "Everything" changes at once. 

One thing is for sure...God has provided each step of the way in completely unexpected ways...even on this trip.  He continues to confirm this next step of our journey in so many ways. I leave you with a picture of our new "home sweet home" to be. We greatly appreciate your prayers in the coming days. I'll have more finalized announcements when we get everything sorted out.



Thanks to the people who have been prayer supporters, financial supports, and just overall good friends and encouragement through this season. Trust me when I say I thank God for you ALL the time.

Blessings,
Morgan 

No comments:

Post a Comment