Monday, May 14, 2012

Our Crazy Blessed Life

When we took our engagement pictures, we used the term "Crazy Blessed" in some of them.....oh how incredibly true and prophetic that was. A short 6.5 months ago, I never would have imagined my life being exactly like it is in this moment. I'm so thankful that God doesn't always let me in on what He is doing, because I would probably screw it up and greatly alter the path He has for me.  I almost stopped doing youth ministry. I said I was finished. And today... I can't imagine my life without the kids at Rescue Atlanta.


Saturday, I had a Birthday BBQ at my house. We had about 20 kids there. We opened the front door and the back door and it was almost like the cartoons with kids literally running circles around and through our house. I didn't worry about dirt or a mess being made. They were having a blast. There was tons of laughter, football, croquet, and my favorite part.....dreams being created. We set up a back drop and took pictures of all of the kids holding up their dreams for the Dream Campaign.  For my 31st birthday I wished to raise $1200 to start the process of helping inner city kids dreams come true. We are over half way there with 18 days left, so if you haven't had a chance to check it out...please do...every little bit helps. I am believing that we will hit our goal.

I was blessed to be able to take 2 sisters to the Aveda Institute of Atlanta where one of their dreams was granted. They spent the day shadowing students there, learning about a career in cosmetology and receiving a free hair treatment. It was awesome to see them smile. You could almost see their mind racing with ideas and dreams. That is the whole goal. They tasted a tiny part of what could be and are motivated. Here is a video of them reflecting on their experience.

And this is a picture of us after getting our "hair did" :)


This was one of my greatest birthdays ever. I feel like I've FINALLY found that niche in my life where I am incredibly passionate about something. Incredibly. I go to bed and wake up motivated and excited. My phenomenal husband made my birthday extremely special. I tell ya, I thank God every day for blessing me with a man who loves me far greater than I could ever hope for on this earth. He brings out the best in me, loves me when I feel unlovable, believes in me and is an incredible spiritual leader in our home. Thank you Glenn Paddock for sharing this CRAZY BLESSED life with me. As amazing as it already is, I feel the best is yet to come. I love you!



For His Renown,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment