Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving and Settling In

Well, the idea is that I would blog at least every other day, but it has been a busy busy week. So....I'm gonna catch up and  attempt to do a better job. We are finally starting to settle in to life in Atlanta. Our house has started to come together. It's starting to feel more like "home." We're getting a better handle on what our responsibilities are at Rescue Atlanta. We are seeing more and more every day the purpose for us being here and I personally am learning a lot as I learn to depend on God for the smallest things and give everything over to Him on a daily basis. The pictures are of a typical breakfast meal at Rescue Atlanta, and the second is from our Thanksgiving meal.


Glenn and I are making it a point to start and end our day with a devotional together. I realize we are still newlyweds, but in what could be a stressful situation, new job, new move, etc.......we are remaining strong. I attribute this to staying grounded in Christ. This definitely is a job and ministry that I love, although the brokenness we deal with on a daily basis is unlike most 9-5 jobs. Just this week, I met a 16 year old girl who I believe may be sleeping in an abandoned house. As Glenn and I were talking during the breakfast time this Sunday, I saw two men throw punches over his shoulder and we had to take care of that. I prayed with a woman this week who had tried to commit suicide and who was concerned about her 16 year old daughter who had OD'd and was in the hospital but has had no contact with her. Working with people in devastating situations reminds me daily of how blessed I am.  I was reading my bible this morning while eating breakfast and just started to list off all the things I have to be thankful for and have decided to START my day like that everyday.

I was blessed to have my mom with us for Thanksgiving and loved that she and my friend Jill were able to experience a Sunday morning at Rescue Atlanta. Our home is ALWAYS open to our family and friends and we invite each of you to come visit and worship with us.

Here are a few prayer requests this week:
1. For continued open doors in seeking out partnerships with Rescue Atlanta.
2. For favor in grants as we start to apply.
3. For protection.
4. For discernment.
5. For financial provision as we are nearing the end of our support money and need to make it a little longer before Rescue Atlanta can pay us.
6. That we will trust God's plan as we know our current landlord is trying to short sell our house we are renting. We knew it was a possibility but came much sooner than we anticipated. So far they've only shown it once, but it's hard to really plant roots, when it feels like we may be uprooted at any moment. But we know God has a place prepared should that happen.

We love you all and pray that you are reminded daily of God's goodness.
We all have so much to be thankful for.

For His Renown,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment